Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Shit! I Just Enjoyed A Baseball Game

The last time I watched a baseball game, Griffey was still a Mariner.

Since then, I've come to hate it.

Baseball's slow, there are 18 quadrillion games and I can only keep track of so many Hernandezs. Hence the hatred. Except for that one time when a certain friend of mine got baked with me and explained why the Oakland A's always make it to the playoffs. It seemed brilliant for about a half-hour.

Despite my decade-long feud with baseball, I watched the Mariners beat the holy hell out of the Twins tonight and it was great.

Granted, I was cooking dinner and not totally playing attention, but the game seemed to move a lot faster than I remember. I kind of want to watch another game.

It's still not football, or even basketball, but it'll do until the NFL preseason starts.

Full circle. Man, I feel old.

1 comment:

Willie Mays Haze said...

One of us! One of us! HAHAHAHAHA! Anyway, there's a lot to like about this years team. And we can get baked again this summer and watch a couple games. Also the NBA play-offs aren't too far away, long live King James!!!